The NeuroHealth MS Center specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of Multiple Sclerosis. Our goal is to promote early detection and create an environment that uses the most comprehensive medical care to achieve the best possible outcome for patients and families.
NeuroHealth’s MS Program Patient Care Team provides the highest quality care under the leadership of neurologist Meryl G. Goldhaber, MD.
At NeuroHealth we combine on-site physical, occupational, and behavioral therapies with appropriate medical treatments to control the associated symptoms of MS and minimize disease progression. Individual symptoms of MS may be managed with other medications or non-pharmacological therapies. For example, difficulty in walking may respond well to anti-spasticity medications as well as physical therapy. Components addressed in our comprehensive treatment plan include:
- management of neurological symptoms of the disease
- related emotional and psychological issues
- rehabilitation therapy and exercise
- employment issues
- counseling and instruction on self-help
- home care issues and needs
- long-term care issues
- referrals to affiliated specialists.